[linuxjobs] Job discussions

Jonathan Archer jon at rosslug.org.uk
Wed Nov 28 10:59:02 UTC 2012

I second Peter's comments,

Although I do slightly disagree with
the statement "I do agree it's silly to ask on this list about,
location, wages and or conditions" those emails shouldn't happen, the
onus should be on the poster to make sure they have complete information
about the post.

i.e.

Job title

Location

Salary

General
overview of the role

Compulsory expectations of the candidate

Desirable expectations of the candidate.

I guess the key is to put
yourselves in the shoes of a Job Hunter, they need as many jobs to come
through as possible. Those that aren't hunting should really just be
reading this list.

Just my opinion.

Jon

On 2012-11-28 09:26, Peter
Cannon wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Personally I'm not that bothered about
discussions on the mailing list, as a matter of fact in some cases I
welcome personal incites or further information proffered by people who
receive emails from this service (Notice I did not say member's who
receive emails? We are not members of anything on this list.) I also
welcome agencies, the job centre and that bloke down the pub who heard
from a friend who's brother thinks there might be a vacancy in the
Shetland islands.

> I do agree it's silly to ask on this list about,
location, wages and or conditions. If you want to know these things ring
them up for gods sake, and when you do call them post back here against
the vacancy the details you have discovered that will;

> A. Give
people the info they want.
> B. Stop the duplicate questions.
> C.
Encourage posters to give better information.

> As to the so called
spamming or volume of mails? Behave! There is no spam or volume, in fact
you can sit and watch the tumble-weed here most of the time! So far this
year there has been 165 emails (And two of those have been deleted.)
that's not even one a day for the love of Joanna Lumley.

> Nov12 48

Oct12 15
> Sept12 15
> Aug12 4
> July12 13
> June12 8
> May12 11

March12 14
> Feb12 14
> Jan12 11
>
> On average it's about 150 mails
per year, hardly worth your mail filters bothering to be honest.

> So
here's what I'd like to see, stop moaning, and lets have more traffic
with with vacancies.

dick_turpin @ freenode.net

http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk [2]

https://plus.google.com/100694334141523232451/posts [3]