[linuxjobs] Support Developer (Jobsite, Havant)

Imran Chaudhry ichaudhry at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 16:29:37 UTC 2012

Come and join an online giant in the arena of digital recruitment!

Jobsite (now called Evenbase) are looking for a Support Developer. You will
be part of a small team making sure the Jobsite family of websites is
maintained and running "business-as-usual". There are varied and
interesting analysis and challenges involved. We use the renowned FogBugz
case management tool and every developer has a powerful desktop with
dual-widescreen monitors so we have excellent tools (we also have UltraEdit
licences but you can use what you are most comfortable with). The desktop
is Windows 7 and an Exchange environment but you can elect to use any
flavour of Linux as long as you can self-admin. The team is part of a wider
IT group of about 20 developers.

Examples of some of the websites:
http://www.jobsite.co.uk/
http://www.justengineers.net/
 http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/jobs

We're mainly looking for someone with Perl but if you're proficient with
another popular Web-language and can self-teach yourself Perl then we still
want to hear from you. You need to have a good grasp of the elements of a
modern website eg. templates, JavaScript/HTML/CSS, databases and SQL. You
also need to have at least basic knowledge of the Linux command line, shell
scripts and utilities like grep.

This role not only calls upon good analysis and technical skills - you need
to have a good "human" approach as you will be interacting with users and
other developers. Good written and verbal English is essential. Having an
appreciation of typical business functions and what goes on in them is also
a plus.

The offices are situated in Langstone Technology Park in Havant (about 5
miles east of Portsmouth). The facilities are excellent with a huge car
park, on-site gym, coffee shop, resteraunt serving breakfast and lunch,
free wi-fi, rest-area and even a table-tennis table. There is a large Tesco
superstore nearby and Havant town centre has all the usual amenities. It's
easily commutable by car being just off the M27/A27. Havant rail station is
about 15 minutes walk. Cyclists are accommodated with a large sheltered
cycle store. It is close to the coast and beautiful woodlands and there are
ample lunchtime walks available. The company also allows working from home
on occasion and we have a VPN access to workstations.

If all that sounds like something that motivates you then please contact me
direct if you are interested, thank you.

(I am only interested in hearing from potential applicants, no agents
please.)

--
GPG Key fingerprint = B323 477E F6AB 4181 9C65  F637 BC5F 7FCC 9CC9 CC7F
http://about.me/imranchaudhry