[linuxjobs] Experienced Linux Systems Engineer - Central London - £40k -£55K

Sally Hall sally at e-recruiter.co.uk
Tue Sep 4 10:48:31 UTC 2012

Good Morning everyone,

I hope everyone is having a good Tuesday?

I have an Experienced Linux Systems Engineer role that is based in Central London and paying £40k -£55k + pension + holidays + shares.

I've put as many details as I can below, however if you want any more details, then please feel free to contact me and I'll be happy to help.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Experienced Linux Systems Engineer - Central London - £40k -£55k

Successful and Established, software house is looking for an Experienced Linux Systems Engineer to join their technical team. You will be joining a range of Open Source and Technical staff within a friendly team. You will be working for an e-commerce software house with a great reputation for customer service and amazing software.

As part of a small team, you will be helping the company develop its data storage strategy, map / reduce reporting infrastructure and systems management.

You'll be working with modern tools such as Hadoop, HBase and "pig" within a Big Data environment.

In order to be successful for this role you must have the following skills:

o Linux (ideally Ubuntu and RHEL / CentOS) in a virtualised environment
o Amazon Web Services
o Security and Firewalls
o Database design and administration in a live environment
o Data analysis with Hadoop / HBase

Any experience of the following would be an advantage (however full training will be provided):

o Puppet
o CouchDB
o PostgreSQL
o NodeJS

My client is offering £40k - 55k + benefits. Benefits include shares + holiday + pension + training.

Please let me know if you need any more details

Kind Regards
Sally Hall
01582 394851