[linuxjobs] Python Software Developer jobs at ApplianSys Ltd, Coventry, UK

Richard Wall richard.wall at appliansys.com
Mon Sep 24 14:05:33 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm a software developer at ApplianSys Ltd in Coventry and this is a
quick email to remind you that we are looking for at least two
Python programmers to join our development team ASAP.

Location: Coventry, UK.

Salary: We are looking for both junior and senior candidates so salary
        will be based on your skills and experience.

ApplianSys is a fast growing UK based company, selling a range of
network server appliances worldwide.
The product range includes DNS/DHCP/IPAM ("DDI"), web cache and VoIP
acceleration products.
All the products run on a Linux operating system with a Python based
web interface and various Python based backend systems.

ApplianSys is a fun place to work. The work is interesting and varied
and because we are a small team, you will have a significant influence
on the direction of the products and opportunities to work closely
with other parts of the business and with customers.
We all use Linux on our development workstations and we code primarily
in Python, but use JavaScript, shell scripts, C and more.

We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate some or all the
following skills:
 * Sound working knowledge of Python, or be able to demonstrate the
   generic skills to learn Python quickly.
 * Fluent with *nix (Linux), including configuring and building
   packages from source and writing shell scripts.
 * Experienced with networking infrastructure technologies and
   protocols, and familiarity with command line network diagnostic
   tools.
 * Solid web development skills, including HTML, JavaScript, CSS.

For senior developers, your levels of knowledge and expertise should
be deeper than those indicated above.

Don't be shy if you don't fit the bill exactly. No one does. Most of
all, we are looking for enthusiastic people who learn quickly.

If you're interested, please email your CV and covering letter to
recruitment at appliansys.com.

If we like the look of you, we'll arrange a preliminary telephone
interview followed by a technical interview in Coventry.
During the interview you will be asked to do some Python programming,
database design work and we will ask you some networking questions to
assess the depth of your knowledge.
Be prepared to talk about and demonstrate some of the things you put
in your CV!

We look forward to hearing from you and don't hesitate to contact me
directly if you want to discuss things informally.

-RichardW.

You can read more about this and other jobs at the link below:
 * http://www.appliansys.com/company/employment

--
Richard Wall
ApplianSys Ltd