[linuxjobs] [GLLUG] VACANCY: Junior Systems Engineer (£30k, Heathrow area)

Andy Smith andy at bitfolk.com
Thu Sep 27 13:57:23 UTC 2012

----- Forwarded message from Alex Marchwiak <leming at ehion.com> -----

Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 22:13:11 +0100 (BST)
From: Alex Marchwiak <leming at ehion.com>
To: gllug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Subject: [GLLUG] VACANCY: Junior Systems Engineer

Howdy chaps,

I happened to be in a position of hiring someone that is at junior level with linux but is willing to learn and hopefuly aim higher than that - I
don't want to
train someone and then see them go :)
Main skills required are general linux but some windows and vmware skills would not hurt. The person we're looking for is someone that is not scared
of command
prompts whether its linux or cisco...

Pay: around 30k
Location: Heathrow, Bath Road

We are a software company, mainly java developers so few tomcats and jbosses to look after but also usual php/apache/mysql to maintain. There is
fair bit of
virtualization to look after - in most cases vmware esxi platform. All monitored with icinga/nagios and mrtg/cacti and own scripts. Its all pretty
much in place, we
just need another pair of hands...
We are in two datacentres so occasional trip to either Maidenhead or Greenwich may be required.

We offer the usual employment goodies - 25days holiday, pension plan, health care plan, iphone...

If you are looking for a fun environment/place to work and you think you got some relevant skills - email me off list to arrange interview or if you
have any
questions I will be more than happy to answer.

Cheers,

Alex