[linuxjobs] Full-stack Ruby on Rails developers - Remote working

Tom O'Connor tom at twinhelix.org
Mon Apr 15 15:06:16 UTC 2013

Avocado are hiring full-stack Rails developers   Initially on a contract
basis, but with the possible view to join the team full-time.

Avocado are currently building the next-generation exchange of sports event
related knowledge.  We're aiming to become the number one place for sports
betting information interactions.

We've got money, and a clear vision of what we want to achieve.

In order to achieve this, we're looking for 2-3 experienced Rails
developers.

You should have:
Strong functional web programming with Ruby on Rails (3+ years) experience.
Good knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and jQuery
Familiarity with Test Driven Development, preferably RSpec and Cucumber.
Relational database experience with Postgresql
Experience with continuous integration (Jenkins)
Familiarity with source control systems (Bitbucket)
Strong communication skills and sense of accountability
Knowledge of the Ruby Ecosystem
Contributions to the open-source community
Willingness to learn and to teach
Curiosity for tech, programming languages and frameworks

Bonus Points:
Some knowledge of how sports betting and so on works would be nice to have.
Some DevOps experience would be nice to have, but we currently have the
services of an experienced part-time DevOps engineer.
Experience with Redis and similar NoSQL databases
Worked in a hosted cloud environment such as Heroku, AWS, etc.
Experience using and integrating with third-party APIs (Which aren't all
RESTful, HTTP JSON flavoured APIs)
Available to work remotely, using tools like Skype, Teamviewer, Bitbucket,
Trello and so on.

Send your CV and contract rate expectations to avocado (at) astound {dot}
eu, with the subject line:
"Drive west on Sunset to the sea" so that we know you've read most of the
job spec.

Emails from recruiters will lead to public humiliation and the tweeting of
all your bullshit.

--
Tom O'Connor

http://tomoconnor.eu