[linuxjobs] Linux DevOps Engineer with World Class Start-up - London

Dean Whittington dean.whittington at wandera.com
Tue Apr 16 16:02:10 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently leading the recruitment effort for www.wandera.com.

Wandera has been founded by the same team of entrepreneurs and
technologists who founded Scansafe, which was acquired by Cisco for close
to $200 million. Having recently announced significant funding Wandera is
rapidly expanding.

We have an opportunity for a talented Linux / DevOps Engineer to join the
team to develop & scale our Cloud platform, which is aimed at mobile
devices. We use the latest technology and our Engineers are given lots of
autonomy and opportunity to develop their skills.

In terms of required skills & experience:

Essential

   - Strong Linux experience (Red Hat / CentOS)
   - Scripting experience - e.g. PHP / Perl / Python or Ruby
   - Networking experience across TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS etc.
   - Experience with commercially available cloud platforms - e.g. AWS,
   Heroku, Rackspace, OpenCloud etc.
   - Experience with Big Data technologies - e.g. Hadoop, MapReduce,
   Cassandra, Redis.
   - Knowledge of software engineering environments & processes.

Desirable:

   - HTML5/CSS3/Javascript
   - Experience within an Agile environment
   - Computer Science degree or equivalent experience

Salary is negotiable depending on experience, but in the c.£35-50k region
(+ stock options).

If the opportunity to help build the next £multi-million leader in Cloud
services excites you then get in touch! - dean.whittington at wandera.com.

Cheers,
Dean

Dean Whittington