[linuxjobs] Last.fm is hiring a web and a C++ developer

Massimo (Max) Mongardini massimo at mongardini.it
Sat Jan 25 11:48:15 UTC 2014

Last.fm is hiring!

Web developer: php, phython
C++ developer

more info here: http://www.last.fm/about/jobs

Location: Based in Lavington Street, London

Renumeration: Sorry, I don't have info on this.

Last.fm's platform is linux based...The culture is very relaxed and has
a start-up feeling, despite being part of CBS Interactive.

The office is great, pool and table tennis at your disposal during the
lunch breaks.

Cut and paste info from the web:

    About Last.fm

Last.fm is a music recommendation service. You use Last.fm by signing up
<http://www.last.fm/join> and downloading The Scrobbler
<http://www.last.fm/download>, which helps you discover more music based
on the songs you play.

    What's Scrobbling?

A scrobble is a little note The Scrobbler sends to Last.fm to let us
know what song you're playing.

Scrobbling helps us tell you what songs you play most often, which songs
you like the most, how much you've played an artist over a certain
amount of time, which of your friends have similar tastes... all kinds
of stuff. By focusing on the music you already play we can help you
discover more music.

    What you get

Scrobbles mean we can deliver personalised recommendations for every
single Last.fm listener, every single day. We compare what you play to
the scrobbles of millions of listeners around the world, meaning your
recommendations are the result of more than 43 billion scrobbles and
counting.

There's plenty more you can do with Last.fm too. By getting involved in
our community <http://www.last.fm/community> you can tag tracks, join
discussions, learn what's hot and find new ways of uncovering the
secrets of your listening history.

Let me know if you are interested.

Max