[linuxjobs] Multiple Linux Systems Engineers - York

Luke Morfitt luke.morfitt at piksel.com
Thu Oct 23 15:31:12 UTC 2014

Hello,

At Piksel, we design, build and run complex and high profile Internet, web and n3 platforms.  From video and entertainment platforms to healthcare systems, we make our living doing what we enjoy: enabling organisations to push the boundaries of technology. By doing so we offer varied and exciting opportunities for all our employees. We do things the right way: solid engineering and systems management practice is our passion; applying good practice and standards where appropriate, but allowing our architects and clients the room to be creative and innovative with their solutions.

We are currently looking for a number of technical Linux Engineers with a range of Internet-facing hosting experience to be based in our York office. We will consider applications from candidates at all stages of their career.

We require keen and enthusiastic candidates who have a broad understanding of enterprise infrastructure and application architecture who can play a key part in supporting cutting edge technology solutions for our distinguished client list.

Technology areas that are of particular interest to us are:

  *   Scripting languages such as perl, python, bash, ruby
  *   TCP/IP network administration
  *   Load balancing and caching technologies and solutions
  *   Storage solutions (EMC/NetApp/HP)
  *   Middleware knowledge (Tomcat/Jetty/Weblogic)
  *   Virtualisation and cloud knowledge (VMWare/AWS/Azure)
  *   Good communication skills

Piksel has a friendly culture that spurs communication and innovation.

WIIFM? (What’s In It For Me?)

  *   Massive growth opportunities
  *   Pragmatic approach to flexible working arrangements
  *   Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
  *   Exposure to the latest systems and network technologies
  *   Working with all layers of the platform stack – no technology silo’s
  *   Working closely with and learning from an extremely talented team
  *   Birthday holiday allocation
  *   Excellent pension scheme
  *   Critical illness and death in service cover
  *   Cycle to work scheme

About Piksel

We help the world’s leading brands maximize their reach and return with video.

Comprised of a global team of experts we call ‘Televisionaries,’ Piksel has helped to design, build, and manage online video services for major media companies like AT&T, BSkyB, Mediaset, and Sky Deutschland, as well as enterprise brands like Airbus, Barnes & Noble, and Volkswagen.

Headquartered in New York City, Piksel offices can be found throughout Europe and the Americas, serving more than 1,600 clients in over 50 countries.

Kind regards,

Luke

--
Luke Morfitt
Sr. Engineer

picture the possibilities | piksel.com

[cid:95B3D5ED-865E-4A73-8DF5-46A0586A21D1]