[linuxjobs] Last.fm is hiring

Massimo (Max) Mongardini massimo at mongardini.it
Mon Sep 29 14:56:40 UTC 2014

    Java Developer - Data Team

Last.fm is looking for a developer to join our data team. The team is
responsible for vital back end infrastructure including music charts,
streaming, the music catalogue, scrobbling, search, reporting, analytics
and various internal and public APIs.

We think that everyone should be hands-on and there are opportunities to
work across the whole stack, from back-end to front-end. We collaborate
closely with everyone in the company - product, design and support,
through to the infrastructure and commercial teams. We also collaborate
closely with each other - we like to review each other’s work, share
techniques and design things as a team.

You are:
* a professional with several years of experience.
* willing to tackle the hard problems first.
* proud to work to a high standard.
* not afraid to change your mind when the evidence leads to unexpected
conclusions.

You have:
* strong experience with Java & related technologies - Spring, Hibernate
etc.
* some experience with Python, C/C++ and/or Scala.
* experience with Hadoop, Hive and other big data/event processing
platforms such as Storm or Spark.
* experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
* a talent for thinking about scalability, performance and fault tolerance.

As a bonus, perhaps you also:
* feel comfortable with Test Driven Development.
* write SQL like a wizard.
* mash-up APIs in your spare time.
* know your factory from your singleton, and when not to use either.
* play a decent game of foosball.
* like music.
Apply <http://www.last.fm/about/jobs?role=Java+Developer+-+Data+Team>

http://www.last.fm/about/jobs

Location: Lavington Street, London

Package: competitive salary (don't have exact ££ here) + CBS perks (Gym
membership, pension, etc.) + Start-up feel

Let me know and/or mention my name if you apply for this position.

Thanks,
Max