[linuxjobs] Hiring AWS/Ansible/Linux Systems Engineers

Marco Abis marco.abis at highops.com
Thu Nov 19 21:28:28 UTC 2015

Hi all,

       we are a small, Operability-minded company based in London and
serving mainly UK and European customer. We do mainly 9-to-5 but have
24/7 customers as well.

We provide both Professional and Managed Services for the full
tech stack and are buzzword-compliant: Docker, DevOps, Continuous Delivery,
Platform as a Service :-D.

While everyone tries to move upstack we try hard to move "downstack"
by building and managing systems for our customers and our own
internal services/products/ideas (examples of the latter: we've been
building in house an oVirt+GlusterFS-based datacenter, we are
developing an Nginx+Lua+Docker SaaS product, we like unikernels).

For immediate needs we are hiring Linux Systems Engineers with
experience in AWS and Ansible. Our preference is for permanent people
since we work hard at building a team for the long haul.

Minimum requirements:

- Linux and networking technical knowledge and system administration
experience (e.g. Debian, Apache, MySql/MariaDB/Postgres, svn/git, KVM,
VPN, firewalls, monitoring, etc)
- experience setting up, automating and operating systems in AWS
- experience with Ansible (but if you know Puppet/Chef/others learning
Ansible won't be a problem)
- office is in London but remote work is welcome as long as you can
travel regularly to the office (i.e. we are all in office together on
Mondays, mainly on Slack the rest of the week)
- minimum salary from £35,000 pa for "mediors", from £50,000 pa for seniors

Brownie points if you have experience setting up Continuous
Integration/Delivery systems, play with programming languages like Go,
are actively involved in some Open Source projects

Here's our (bit stale) website: https://highops.com

Any questions feel free to reach out to me directly

Best

--
Marco Abis
https://highops.com - IT Operations Ideas Delivered