[linuxjobs] Support Engineer Vacancy

Kelly Taylor kelly.taylor at siriusopensource.com
Thu Nov 26 12:30:28 UTC 2015

Hello,

Sirius are looking to expand our support team and therefore are
recruiting for support engineers.

Our Support Engineers provide comprehensive telephone/web/e-mail/chat
technical and application support to Sirius customers. You are expected
to be able to work directly with customers in high-pressure situations;
have strong analytic, organizational, time management, and communication
skills; thrive in a team environment; and possess the willingness to do
whatever it takes to achieve the highest customer satisfaction. You will
interact with development and project teams to investigate and resolve
issues.

The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:

     analyse, track and resolve customer issues in a professional,
timely manner
     identify any security upgrades that are necessary and communicate
them to customers
     maintain and update web based support documentation
     use monitoring software to identify potential support issues

Requirements:

     Experience working with Open Source technologies
     Excellent verbal and written communication skills
     Outstanding interpersonal and telephone skills
     Strong problem solving skills
     Ability to function and thrive in a team environment
     Energetic, with a strong desire to succeed
     Strong customer service background would be ideal

Hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-5.30pm. Salary is dependent upon experience.
Full time positions would be based at our offices in Bracknell,
Berkshire. Remote working is not something we will consider for this role.

You must be eligible to work in the UK.

We do not work with recruitment agencies so please do not contact if you
are working for an agency.

If you are interested then contact kelly.taylor at siriusopensource.com

Kind regards

Kelly