[linuxjobs] Skipton, North Yorkshire - (Junior) Sys Admin

Kit Smith Kit.Smith at jbarisk.com
Mon Sep 7 11:26:43 UTC 2015

Hi All

I have a vacancy for a Sys Admin / support engineer to join at JBA Risk Management in North Yorkshire.

We run moderately large GIS data sets (300-500 Gb), from around 40TB of data, for flood risk analysis on PostgreSQL database, ArcGIS and in-house tools. We're largely a windows shop, but are moving PostgreSQL back-ends and R applications on to Linux (mostly RH/SL7), and are looking for someone to manage and monitor those systems, as well as give user support as needed.

Ideally we'd like someone who has experience of

2 to 3 years' Linux or *BSD
User support in a mixed computing environment
Performance of general and daily system administration tasks
Basic networking protocols
Performance monitoring and tuning
Maintaining incident and support log
Maintaining and documenting systems

With skills in
Linux/BSD
PostgreSQL
Shell Scripting
Machine builds and systems installation
User Support
Problem Solving
Curiosity

Further details are at
http://www.jbarisk.com/junior-systems-administrator

or please contact me at
kit.smith at jabrisk.com<mailto:kit.smith at jabrisk.com>

Please, no unsolicited CVs from  agencies.

Kind Regards

Kit Smith
DBA

p: +44 1756 799 919
m: +44 7474 676 538
e: kit.smith at jbarisk.com

JBA Risk Management, South Barn Broughton Hall, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 3AE. Telephone: +441756799919
2014 London Market Awards Catastrophe Risk Modeller of the Year.
The JBA Group supports the JBA Trust. Follow us on Twitter @JBARisk<http://twitter.com/JBARisk>
All JBA Risk Management's email messages contain confidential information and are intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system.
JBA Risk Management Limited is registered in England, company number 07732946, South Barn, Broughton Hall, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 3AE.
www.jbarisk.com<http://www.jbarisk.com>