[linuxjobs] Senior Systems Administrator, Bristol, £41-46K+defined benefit pension+40 days annual leave

Alex Butcher alex.butcher.jobs at assursys.co.uk
Fri Aug 12 13:37:35 UTC 2016

An exciting opportunity has arisen within the University of Bristol IT
Services Division for an experienced Linux Systems Administrator. We are
looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to join our Wireless and Network
Services team to help us drive expansion of authenticated network services
across the University.

The Role:
The successful candidate will be joining the team responsible for the smooth
running of the authentication architecture for our 802.1X enabled wireless
network (eduroam), expanding authenticated network access to include the
wired network, and for running other critical network services such as DNS
and DHCP.

These services are provided by an estate of 70+ CentOS machines (CentOS 6
and 7) running on a mixture of physical machines and VMWare virtual
machines, with their configuration managed by Puppet.

We underpin our services with a variety of technologies including BIND,
ISC-DHCP, FreeRADIUS, Apache, MariaDB+Galera, GitLab, Nagios etc.

More info:
<http://www.bristol.ac.uk/jobs/find/details.html?nPostingID=4924&nPostingTargetID=18311>

Informal enquiries: Mark.Elley at bristol.ac.uk

Pension information:

"Career Revalued Benefits Section

If you join USS on or after 1 October 2011 and have not been a member
previously you will be eligible for the Career Revalued Benefits Section
(“CRBS”).  This means that your benefits will be calculated at the end of
each scheme year in which you have been a member and added to any previous
benefits built up in the scheme. These benefits then receive increases each
year up to retirement.  The formula used to work out the annual pension is
1/80th (or 1.25%) of salary in each scheme year.  In addition a lump sum is
provided of 3 times the pension.

[...]

The University will increase its employer contribution (currently 16%) to an
amount equivalent to 16% plus the Appropriate Percentage of your Pensionable
Salary.  This contribution will be paid directly by the University into
USS."

<http://www.bristol.ac.uk/hr/salaries/sal-exchange/ussinformation.html>

"The annual leave entitlement for full-time staff, effective from January
2007, is 40 days made up as follows:
          Annual leave (25 days)
          Public Holidays (currently 8 working days)
          University closure days (7 working days)"

Terms and conditions:
<http://www.bristol.ac.uk/hr/terms/jandabovestaff.html>