[linuxjobs] Codethink are looking for a GNU/Linux Systems Administrator in Manchester!

Dave Page dave.page at codethink.co.uk
Fri Mar 18 13:45:04 UTC 2016

## The Company

Codethink are the Systems Software Experts. We provide genius in
systems-level software and hardware, particularly in the enterprise,
devices and automotive sectors. We are a growing international company
with over 60 employees, mostly software engineers. We’re based in
open-plan offices just on the edge of the Northern Quarter in Manchester
City Centre, with a casual dress code and lots of different kinds of tea.

## The Team

The Operations Team exists to provide infrastructure and support to our
software engineers and the rest of the company. Currently we’re a
two-person team but looking to expand as the company grows and
requirements become more complex. It’s a rapidly moving environment with
plenty of challenges, but it’s also rewarding.

We wrangle hardware from small dev boards with strange architectures
through to giant servers, and make it all play nicely together. We deal
with on-site servers, colocated equipment, and some Cloud and managed
services. We’re moving towards more consistency and devops-y automation
for installs, configurations, monitoring and alerting - could you be
part of that change?

## The Position

Salary: Circa £25k depending on experience

Hours: Full-time, 40 hours a week.  Standard hours are 9.00 to 6.00 with
the core hours being 10.00-16.00 Mon-Fri. You may occasionally be asked
to work outside these hours if maintenance work is required that cannot
be performed during working hours.

Skills and Experience:
* Strong knowledge and experience of Linux (esp. Debian/Ubuntu) systems
administration.
* Experience of IP network routing and firewalling, VLANs
* Configuration management (ansible) and version control (git)
* Ruby and Ruby on Rails advantageous
* Motivated team player - you will need to work independently but keep
others aware of your work

## Application process

To apply, please send your CV (preferably two pages or fewer) by email
to dave.page at codethink.co.uk

Cheers,
Dave

--
Dave Page, Operations Team Manager, Senior Systems Engineer, Codethink Ltd
Telephone: +44 7762 840 414                  302 Ducie House, Ducie Street