[linuxjobs] Senior Site Reliability Engineer - London or Oxford

Andy Holdaway andy.holdaway at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 15:47:24 UTC 2017

Hi,

My employer has a vacancy for a Senior Site Reliability Enginner based in
London or Oxford

TripAdvisor is the world’s largest online travel site, visited by 390
million travelers each month, and our business – TripAdvisor Rentals – is a
fascinating and ever-evolving part of the organization.  Rentals are a
significant revenue generator and key growth area not just for TripAdvisor,
but also for the travel industry on the whole.  It’s a category that’s
rapidly gaining popularity; around two-thirds of travelers say they plan to
stay in a rental this year, up from 50% two years ago.  Our job is to
ensure that we fulfill this demand and, ultimately, help travelers all over
the world take amazing holidays, whether they’re staying in a studio in
Sydney, a tree house in Costa Rica, or a cottage in the Cotswolds.

We’re looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to engage with the platform
and drive its future scalability and performance for our customers. This is
an excellent opportunity for an engineer with a diverse background in
systems administration and software development to make a huge impact on a
product that evolves very quickly and a team committed to developing
high-quality, scalable services for our customers.

What You’ll Do:

   - You will be a part of a fast moving team in a growing and constantly
   evolving production environment
   - You will be dedicated to improving of our platform’s reliability
   end-to-end
   - You will dive deep into all aspects of our operations including
   software, systems, automation, and process
   - You will troubleshoot issues across the entire stack: hardware,
   software, application and network
   - You will help mentor and guide the wider engineering team through
   consulting, capacity planning, and launch reviews
   - You will help maintain services once they are live by measuring and
   monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
   - You will help support and scale our MySQL database installations

Who You Are:

   - Extensive experience handling services in a large scale environment
   - Experience with administrating a RDBMS in a production environment,
   preferably MySQL
   - Experience leading technical discussions and architecting technical
   solutions
   - Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
   - Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
   - B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience

Based in Oxford or London with fantastic offices, benefits, and colleagues!

Online applications can be made at these links:

London: http://grnh.se/128pe61
Oxford: http://grnh.se/pmuf7w1

Thanks for looking
Andy