[linuxjobs] Linux SRE @ London, London Bridge

Conrad Wood linuxjobs at conradwood.net
Wed Nov 8 15:50:47 UTC 2017

We are currently looking for an SRE for our applications and systems.
On offer is a job in a relaxed environment, working regular days (NO
shifts here :-)), in a young and profitable company. Leaving you time
to get home and spend time with the  kids or pets or [insert favourite
subject here] :)

This position reports directly to the CTO and we all work near Borough
Market right above London’s best coffee shop - so short and
uncomplicated decisions are the norm.

>From a technical perspective, the areas of responsibilities are:

* Maintenance of our platform and support for the provisioning of
services at all levels

* Cross-department cooperation for developing our CI/CD buildchain

* Active participation in the architecture of our software and hardware
products

* Ensuring maximum availability and scalability for our customer´s
systems

* Recommending and introducing useful support tools for our Software
and Hardware

* Creating integration through APIs for our business support tools

The cool tools used are:

* Debian GNU/Linux
* Golang
* KairosDB
* Postgresql
* Yocto
* Cool, embedded linux on our own IoT hardware platform

Best of all, our business improves the energy efficiency of buildings
on a large scale in UK, so saving polar bears and penguins every day!

More details here:
http://www.gurusystems.com/work-for-us/devops-engineer/

If you are interested, or know someone who is, forward your CV to
jobs at gurusystems.com or call Mark on 07864 080527
for an informal chat.