[linuxjobs] Linux engineer needed in Rome/Frascati

Mickey Coggins Mickey.Coggins at gtt.net
Wed May 12 10:35:03 UTC 2021

Ciao ragazzi,

I'm looking for a Linux engineer to work in Frascati near Rome.  Salary is about 25k euro per year, can probably go a bit higher if you are amazing.  This is the perfect job for someone that's originally from the Rome area and looking to go back.   It's an entry level job, but with a lot of growth potential.  We're managing 1000s of servers for a very cool customer.  The really good news is that it does not require you to work remote!  You can be onsite, go into a datacenter, kick servers, rack stuff, drink coffee with your colleagues, etc.   Lots of new stuff coming in various clouds, like GTT's VDC and AWS.  We use mainly vmware and vrealize - with various flavors of Linux.  We manage petabytes of data.  Easy parking, easy train access.  Check it out, pass it to your friends that might be in the UK and want to go home, or are already in Rome.  Drop me a mail, give me a call, click on the linkedin link, whatever.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2529082873/

About the job
GTT is redefining global communications to serve a cloud-based future, connecting people across organizations, around the world and to every application in the cloud. Our clients benefit from an outstanding service experience built on our core values of simplicity, speed and agility. A Fortune Future 50 company, GTT owns and operates a global Tier 1 internet network and provides a comprehensive suite of cloud networking services to any location in the world.

ROLE DESCRIPTION
The role is part of an international team working on multidisciplinary technical areas.  It requires a very wide combination of technical skills and customer-focused skills with the goal to support incidents and implement customer change requests within the given SLA, working with the highest possible level of quality in a hybrid cloud environment of a primary European institution.

The complexity of support will vary from more simple tasks in the customer datacenter to a number of more complex where candidate needs to deeply understand the customer solution. Part of this role is to communicate effectively by phone and email to confirm incident or change closure/completion or during the troubleshooting and implementation of the task.

RESPONSIBILITIES / MAIN DUTIES
• Implement, manage, and maintain virtual and cloud platforms.
• Implement, manage, and maintain complex non-standard storage environments.
• Provide Level 2 Support of customer solutions and platforms.
• Manage and maintain backup systems.
• Perform Linux administration for customer hosting solutions, mainly focused on performing requested changes and incident troubleshooting.
• Prompt identification of issues which may impact delivery timescales or quality.
• Work in cooperation with other engineering teams deploying and developing new platforms.
• Assist in maintaining operational and customer technical documents, processes, and work instructions.
• Perform technical audits as required to verify customer and platform standards requirements are met and maintained.
• Perform on-going performance tuning, resource optimization and capacity management as required.

ESSENTIAL CRITERIA REQUIRED
• Minimum 2 years of experience deploying, configuring, and managing virtual and/or cloud infrastructures.
• Experience in VMware vSphere environment
• Excellent skills in Linux technologies and integration
• Technical understanding of other datacenter components (Firewalls, Router, Switch)
• English language skills required.

OPTIONAL CRITERIA:
• Experience with backup systems
• Experience in installation, management, and maintenance of DELL hardware, servers and blades
• Proven experience in installation, management, maintenance of monitoring tools (Solarwinds)
• Scripting and automation expertise

IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
• Professional, structured, and proactive approach to projects and customers.
• Positive and approachable team player.
• Self-motivated with good organizational and communication skills.
• Calm and productive under pressure.
• Detail-oriented and organized approach to work.
• Efficient and productive with good time management skills.
• Ability to meet internal and external deadlines

--
Mickey Coggins
Director, Customer Service Management, Advanced Solutions

NOTICE: This e-mail is only intended for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. Unless stated to the contrary, any opinions or comments are personal to the writer and do not represent the official view of GTT Communications Inc or any of its affiliates. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person.
All quotes, offers, proposals and any other information in the body of this email is subject to, and limited by, the terms and conditions, signed service agreement and/or statement of work