[linuxjobs] Linux System Administrator (Hammersmith, London)

Jonathan Marriott jonathan.marriott at mustardsystems.com
Tue May 18 07:24:56 UTC 2021

Hi folks,

We are a small company of around 45 people in the sports betting sector.
We're looking for a Linux System Administrator to help support the
business.

Our technology stack includes:

Linux servers (primarily Ubuntu, some CentOS)
LXC containers
PostgreSQL
OpenVPN
VyOS and HPE networking
Linux and Windows desktops
Active Directory and FreeIPA
Google G Suite

We looking for someone who can show us proficiency with:

Networking fundamentals, including diagnostics, routing, and firewalling
Linux server administration and troubleshooting
Linux virtualisation and containers, ideally KVM and LXC

Experience with other parts of our technology stack is advantageous but not
essential. We are looking for the right person, rather than for a shopping
list of skills. You need to bring a rigorous approach to the weakest of
your technical areas in addition to playing to your natural strengths.
We're looking for someone that can muck in to support and troubleshoot
anything and everything, to support the needs of the business. We want
someone that can self start on project work but who is not afraid to
approach in-depth troubleshooting across the full application stack. The
users you will be supporting are intelligent and friendly. Primarily they
are the internal development, trading and quant teams. You will have at
least 3 years of Linux admin and networking experience. You will be
comfortable at the command line and will be equally at home managing
storage and filesystems as you are at configuring routing and firewalling.

Please feel free to email me with any questions. Salary range is £45k to
£65k.

No agents please.

Cheers
Jon