[Lust] No more Lust ?

Mike Culverhouse lust at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jun 3 15:29:01 2003

Hi all,
Been a while since we spoke :)
I've been having some thoughts regarding the LUG.
Basically LUSTLUG sprang up from an interest in forming a local LUG,
myself and a friend from Luton (Hi Ian !) decided we'd do it between us
and an initial look on lug.org.uk didn't show up any.
I didn't realise at the time that there was already a Herts LUG as it's
listed in the central area which I took to mean Central UK, i.e.
Birmingham, Leicester etc.. Also about the same time Neil Darlow
registered Beds LUG.
The Herts LUG appears to be based in around Stevenage, and they do have
regular meetings here, Not sure where Beds are based, but Luton must be
a key area for Beds. Anyhow, there seems little point in duplication, so
I'm thinking about relocating the LUG to South Herts. possibly
Watford/St. Albans to make it easier to meet arrange any meetings.
The main point is that the LUG belongs to the members (you!), so what's
the consensus of opinion ?
When subscribing to this list what was it that you were looking for ?
Anyone have any strong views either way ?
Possibly we could meet up somewhere to discuss it further ?
I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks

Mike

Mike Culverhouse