[Lust] St albans and Luton LUG

Ian MacDougall ian.macdougall at pinnacle.co.uk
Mon Mar 15 09:40:31 GMT 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-13 at 22:23, Chris Thompson wrote:

> Ian, all I will say on the LPI exam is that I found it harder than
> expected. I used O'Reilly's LPI certification in a nutshell and although
> the book was good they got the exam content messed up. I got more
> questions on RPM stuff and a couple of Debian questions despite choosing
> the RPM option! There was also some unexpected desktop configuration
> question which threw me. What is your Linux history?

I started using slackware back on the 1.3.12 kernel if I recall
correctly, I guess that would have been 1995 or thereabouts.

Used linux or open source software on Sun machines pretty much ever
since.

Thanks for the feedback on the exam.

> What happened with the LUG then? I have never been involved with one
> before, so please forgive my ignorance.

Mike and others have tried to arrange meetings, but I guess we suffer
from being very busy people. Trying to get more than two people free on
the same day seems like a insurmountable obstacle.

> Are there many people on the list? Is it worth arranging a meet?

Not sure on both counts, Mike would be able to answer that I think.

--
Ian

CONFIDENTIALITY.This e-mail and any attachments are
confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the
named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and
do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any
purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifically states them to
be the views of Pinnacle Insurance plc.

If you have received this email in error please immediately
notify the Pinnacle Helpdesk on +44 (0) 20 8207 9555.

www.mimesweeper.com