[Lust] St albans and Luton LUG

Mr. Spock spock at canopus22.demon.co.uk
Fri Mar 19 23:07:03 GMT 2004

WOW, there's somebody in here :)

> >>Glad to see there is some life in LUST, if not the other way around.

Hehe.

I've been using Debian for a couple of years, but am still a Linux novice.
I need to learn how to network my machines together, which I think involves
recompiling my kernel again with some network card support this time.

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 01:38:08AM +0000, Max wrote:
> Would not LinuxUserExpo be an obvious place for a meet-up ?

Good idea.
I'm hoping to go on Tuesday April 20th, primarily to see the Linux Audio
guys there; I'm setting up a studio based on Free/Libre software.

> >>I'm sure it will be announced on the list.

I've been attending monthly meetings of the HertsLUG in a pub in
Stevenage, but it would be good to set up another group too. The
main problem is venues - trying to find somewhere to actually
compute (even without net access) is tricky, unless people have
laptops (I don't). To begin with, meeting at a pub or in people's
homes is possibly the easiest until there are enough of us to,
say, hire a village hall for a mass-install-fest ;)

Any suggestions for an evening, say once a month? Preferably not
the first Wednesday of the month as that's when HertsLUG meets.
I work a changing shift pattern, so I could make it two times out
of three.

Cheers,

Malcolm Smith
http://www.canopus22.demon.co.uk/