[Lust] Whats in your box? Just for fun.

Karl karlwillfixit at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 11 22:39:12 BST 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 21:23 +0100, Rob wrote:
> Hi Karl,
>
> Ah, just a guess on my part about Arch.  What got me was the extremely
> up-to-date kernel.
That's just a habit, I love compiling!
>   I run Arch on my laptop.  I used to run Arch on both
> my "desktops", but am now using Debian Testing on my main machine.  LFS
> always looked too much like hard work to me.
That's the problem with lfs, far too much time taken with little reward
except a tighter and slightly faster system. I must admit I did learn a
lot through doing it though, gives you loads more confidence when
fiddling around with other distro's, knowing what's been mucked about
with, and which apps are needed or not.