[Lust] Whats in your box? Just for fun.

Karl karlwillfixit at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 12 10:54:30 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 08:50 +0100, Kevin Fullerton wrote:
> Hi Karl,
>
> I've got a Linux VM (not a dedicated host) with Bytemark - once it's setup
> through the Admin shell you can SSH into it, or if you like you can run X
> via VNC (you can't run X locally on the machine though)
nice, I've been reading up on AIX stuff (for work), you can setup one
machine with it and run about 10 machines in a vm, LPAR keeps popping up
too, I think it splits the processor up or something, supposed to be the
d's b's but I need to read more.
> You can get dedicated hosts from them, which you boot initially from a
> Knoppix image I believe and then you can install whatever distribution you
> like.
over ssh? niceee.
> sunny:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
> cpu             : TI UltraSparc IIi (Sabre)
> fpu             : UltraSparc IIi integrated FPU
> promlib         : Version 3 Revision 25
> prom            : 3.25.2
> type            : sun4u
> ncpus probed    : 1
> ncpus active    : 1
> D$ parity tl1   : 0
> I$ parity tl1   : 0
> Cpu0Bogo        : 798.72
> Cpu0ClkTck      : 0000000017d78400
> MMU Type        : Spitfire
>
> sunny:~# uname -a
> Linux sunny 2.6.16-2-sparc64 #2 Mon May 22 15:02:37 PDT 2006 sparc64
> GNU/Linux
>
> sunny:~# w
>  08:47:03 up 17:32,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
> USER     TTY      FROM              LOGIN@   IDLE   JCPU   PCPU WHAT
> kfullert pts/0    gateway.home.sho Sun16    0.00s  0.11s  0.13s sshd:
> kfullert [priv]
>
> Cheers!
>
> Kevin
sparco! I destroyed a ultra10 once, never tried linux on anything but
x86 though...

Karl.