[Lust] Re: Lust Digest, Vol 46, Issue 1

Steven Goodwin steev at tuls.pauken.co.uk
Mon Jul 30 10:24:42 BST 2007

On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 12:27:01PM +0100, Robin Smith wrote:
> Sorry to missed you Shaun, myself, Chris and Steve all managed to meet up.

That we did; a good night!

> Chris guessed I was in for LUST as I was carrying a rucksack and Steve
> saw my Linux mag that left lying out but he was wearing a Linux
> tee-shirt to help.

A shirt that glows in the dark, no less ;) Not that glow properties were
needed on that evening. I thought afterwards I should have succumb
to the Facebook epidemic and put pictures on-line. Perhaps next time...

> I've still no ideas what a LUG meet should do apart from drink beer, so
> if anyone has any suggestions?

That's pretty much it. The London one's are often for sharing
new/stories and brainstorming ideas (nudge!) for projects past, present
and future. Sometimes we have talks/lectures/installfests but those
happen less frequently. With the number of people currently attending
(50% more than the last one ;) a formal structure is probably not
needed. When a topic comes up, that person can just rant/waffle for five
minutes as part of the normal conversation.

For those not present, X10 and bleb.org were mentioned in a favourable
light.

Steev