[Lust] Introduction

Alec Wright alecjw at member.fsf.org
Sat Sep 4 23:51:25 UTC 2010

Hi there, I signed up to this mailing list a little while ago, and it
seems quite quiet, so I suppose I should introduce myself.

I'm Alec, I'm from Hatfield and I go to St. Albans school. I've been
using GNU/linux almost exclusively for about 4 years, perhaps a bit
more. I started with ubuntu dapper, and nowadays I use GNU/linux quite a
lot, I have:
A laptop (novatech i3) running gentoo
A netbook (eepc 701) running debian testing
A phenom server running FreeBSD8.1
An xbox running debian sarge
A wii running gentoo

As you can probably tell from my email address, I'm a free software
supporter: my laptop runs exclusively free software. My kernel's
deblobbed, I don't use flash player etc. Unlike the rest of the world, I
don't have an iphone, and nor do I want to, because of its treatment of
users as prisoners. I'm saving up my pocket money for a nokia N900
instead :)

I'm not much of a coder (although I know a bit of C/python2/php), but I
contribute to free software projects wherever I can, mostly in hardware
testing, documentation and advocacy.

So, tell me about yourselves and your [G]LUG :) Who are you? When/where
do you meet up?

--
Alec Wright