[Malvern] Re:How many members

Andy Morris zaglabod at onetel.net.uk
Mon Dec 8 09:49:37 GMT 2003

Hi,

I'm a new appearance, don't know if I'm the "Andy" in your list response, been trying to get to a meeting for months (y'know how things are) after seeing the notices in Malvern Library (one of the clearest and most recent, some of them refer to forthcoming events in 2000!). Unfortunately, as I work in Brum, I don't normally get back until 6.15, but having caught an earlier train, which was delayed, I finally made the December meeting at 6.25 to find the last one leaving the door, and only managed a few minutes meeting Phil as an intro. Any news on the timing for a Christmas meet at the Nags Head, yet?

Have been using Suse personally for 3 years, had 9 yrs using SCO ( ...spit!...) at work, from Xenix to ODT 5 Unix, all over the planet (long story) - not strictly a programmer (mostly shellscript, damn all 'C'), come from a hardware background, fell into software by default ("Hey, Andy, can you write this - everyone else is busy, and we've already sold it to the customer - you got 3 weeks - you're on site in 2.").  Hey, ho!

Re: your enquiry "Anybody know how to set up ADSL on Linux ?", there seems to be a standard setup for ADSL/TDSL, etc in my current Suse (8.2, I think) and I saw some articles on the Suse knowledgebase about this a while back, try there - there were some links to ADSL/TDSL setup pages on the Kernel site, which had links for other distro's.

Andy Morris
Malvern Link