[Malvern] Why do you like Linux. (was htm).

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btopenworld.com
Fri Dec 19 15:31:28 GMT 2003

why do you like Linux?Hi All.

I found this one via Google.
Looks like he is serious.

Geoff.
why do you like Linux?
Michael Surkan msurkan at windows.microsoft.com
Sun Nov 9 10:17:01 2003

  a.. Previous message: Key question
  b.. Next message: why do you like Linux?
  c.. Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]

{SNIP}
Some of you may have heard me mention my interest in learning more about
why people use Linux and Open Source software at Saturday's GSLUG
meeting.

As I said, I think there is a lot my company (Microsoft) can learn from
Open Source and Linux to make better solutions for our customers. I am
collecting information for writing a report with recommendations to send
to our management.

If you might be willing to share some of your thoughts as to why Linux
is a good solution for you, please drop me a note and I will get back in
touch with some more specific questions.

For what it's worth, I actually like Linux, and use it for some projects
at home and for our family. Not that I consider myself an expert by ANY
stretch of the imagination.

Thanks,

Michael Surkan

P.S. This report is a skunkworks project of mine, and really doesn't
have anything to do with my "day" job. I just feel very strongly that
Microsoft needs to listen better to what users need and want to try and
change attitudes.{SNIP}