[Malvern] BSD

andy at dragonfly.demon.co.uk andy at dragonfly.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 19 20:33:28 GMT 2003

  Phil> I have a copy of BSD which I hope to install when I have a spare
  Phil> afternoon, I'd be interested to know how you get on with Gentoo too. --

Phil,

Which one have u got?

Watch out the disk partitioning cos it's different. U basically have a
partition for *BSD which is then split up into slices. You can just have one
slice for /, but you are supposed to have seperate ones for /, /tmp, /var etc
etc. It's easy, just different.

I've tried Gentoo before but the majority of the install is done over the net
and single channel ISDN just didn't cut it.

l8z

andy

GnuPG Key available on request
"The body is like a well oiled machine. Take away a
vital fuel like alcohol and anything could happen."