[Malvern] March Meeting

Andy Lowton malvern at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Mar 17 10:42:02 2003

  Roy> Phil Ironside <phil@creativespaces.co.uk> writes

  install openlinux so that i can follow the book through
  Roy> and so understand what Linux is all about.  Question...  Can i just go
  Roy> through the CD install or will Mandrake be overwritten or worse interfere
  Roy> with the installation ?

Don't know whether this question was soley aimed at Phil, but I'll jump in
anyway 8-)

If I understand what you are asking properly, then going through the CD install
of Openlinux will overwrite mandrake if you give the Mandrake partition as the
one for openlinux. Having Mandrake on there won't affect the installation of
Openlinux though.

Does enough of the book not apply to Mandrake anyway? I ask because I have
heard bad things about Caldera, though it was a while ago.

l8z

andy

GnuPG Key available on request
This email crawled out of my network via an
overpriced British Telecom ISDN line.
Broadband, what broadband? http://www.BTsuck.org