[Malvern] Linux and printers.

Steve Cashmore steve at cashmore.me.uk
Thu Apr 1 17:36:27 BST 2004

At 09:00 01/04/2004 +0100, you wrote:
>I need a new, Linux-friendly, black and white laser printer.
>
>Any recommendations please ?
>
>Regards,
>
>Geoff.

I won't recommend a particular model, but I've always liked the HP
range.  Running costs aren't the cheapest but unless you make very heavy
use of it I don't feel the difference is important to me.  Spares are
readily available anywhere too.  If you get a Postscript compatible model
it will work readily with Linux.  Not that all non-Postscript models won't,
it's just a no brainer on Linux, Postscript devices just work.  Personally
I like ready Ethernet enabled versions so I can just throw it anywhere on
the network and print from any Linux/Windows/other machine without having
to consider USB or parallel cabling distances.  Little LPR printer server
boxes are available of course, but are often as dear an option.

Good luck,

--
Steve