[Malvern] Ubuntu install bootloader problem

Guy Inchbald guy at steelpillow.com
Sat Dec 18 20:09:15 GMT 2004

Still not got the install to happen.

I already have a bootloader, System Commander, and it works.

Ubuntu (ie Debian installer) offers Grub, Lilo or none. "None" gives
some info about boot parameters, but nothing on what to invoke to pass
them to, or what to pass them from. System commander couldn't see Linux.
So next time I tries moving past all three to the next step. This
triggered a Grub install and I had to hit the reset switch a bit quick.

Is there any way of getting my existing bootloader and Linux to work
together, or do I need to uninstall it and reinstall lilo? (steering
clear of grub -  too many problems reported).

Cheers,
Guy