[Malvern] Funny printing. and Mac OS X

Phil Ironside phil at creativespaces.co.uk
Thu Dec 30 11:24:05 GMT 2004

> From what I head MacOS X is chuffin' unreliable even if it's based on
> Linux.

I have not heard that its unreliable, but will investigate.

You could of course buy the dogs pods G5 machine and dual boot it
> between MacOSX and Yellow Dog Linux but I'd be really tempted to find a
> Linux way to do it rather than spend good money on a new machine and
> proprietary software.

I know what you mean about finding a linux way.
The emulators are Ok for a lot of things but heavy graphics are a pain, I use Freehand, Quark and Fireworks heavily and although Gimp, Scibus and Sodipodi are good they do not give me what I need.

Will be doing more research - Staurt Wilkes form Iscentia has told me that there will be some new Powerbooks announced in January, when they will be ready for shipping is another matter.

Phil

Creative Spaces
01684-561495