[Malvern] That router.

Chris Eilbeck chris at yordas.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 2 16:45:07 BST 2004

> This one is really for Chris.
>
> The 4 times Ethernet + USB  ADSL router I have is an eTEC  PT-3812 made
> by Puretek, and using (I believe) a Conexant chip-set.
>
> I have done a bit of surfing to get anything useful on this,  and it
> seems to have a very bad press !

It does seem to be the very bottom end of the market.

> Most people haven't been able to get it working at all,  and a few that
> have it didn't last long,

I can understand that.

> in one case trashing the whole system !

But this I'm having real trouble with unless it was a serious electrical
problem.  Why would any ethernet device damage another node on a network
unless it was very faulty indeed?

> Does anyone know differently ?

You should be able to work out how to set it up based on the info at

  http://peteashton.com/001128.html

They seem to have worked out most of the problems.

You should have a user guide on the CD that came with it and I suspect it
will be very similar to configure at the 3808 which has a quick start
setup guide at

  http://www.avgs-tech.com/modems/3808IGv21.pdf

> See you all on the 16th at my place.

You should have it all going by then.  If not, I'm sure we'll be able to
suss it out between us.

Chris Eilbeck                         mailto:chris at yordas.demon.co.uk
TRA #9527                                                        PSMR