[Malvern] (Mis)adventures with SUSE 9.1.

Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore stuart at sslaxx.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 6 12:35:21 BST 2004

Installed 9.1 this morning. No problems until I tried running the online
update tool. Told the tool to update some parts of YAST, but not others
(like the QT and Ncurses frontends). Dependency hell struck - YAST would
not start. I normally use the Ncurses frontend for YAST. Anyway - it
relied on Ncurses and libpopt, and because I hadn't installed either of
those (I'd updated just the package manager and core, if I recall) YAST
wouldn't run. Manually downloading and installing the relevant RPMs
appears to have fixed the problem, thankfully.

Bye,

--
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.
AIM: MrSslaxx            ICQ: 144089571     YAHOO: mrsslaxx