[Malvern] How does linux handle IDE channels

Robin Wilson r.t.wilson at rmplc.co.uk
Sat Apr 2 19:14:58 BST 2005

Hi

Thanks for your reply Chris.

Suse 9.2 is installed.

The bootloader is Grub.

Haven't tried the disk in that machine with knoppix - but have in another
machine and it works fine. The disk is absolutley fine - I have used an OS
independant disk checking prog and it came out fine.

Does the root partition change? It used to be hda2 - what will it change to?
How do I edit the grub config files?

Robin