[Malvern] GNU applications under KDE.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Tue Apr 12 17:52:14 BST 2005

I have tried  both GNOME,  and  the KDE  desktops,  and I generally prefer
KDE.

However, I like to use Abiword and Gnumeric.

Since I upgraded from Woody to Sarge,  KDE will only let me have KWord and
KSpread,  which would not be my choice.  The same applies to kghostview and
ggv,  though here I don't mind which  postscript viewer I use.

How can I break this imposed choice, short of going  completely over to Gnome?

I prefer the KDE Konsole to the GNU equivalent,  and I do most of my work
using that command-line.

 I have tried using synaptic and  apt-get to load the stuff I prefer, but it
blocks this saying that there are unmet dependencies or some such.

This is only since upgrading.  It used not to be so.

Regards,

Geoff.