[Malvern] Laptops and Power Consumption

Ian Pascoe ianpascoe at btinternet.com
Wed Apr 13 20:20:15 BST 2005

Hi folks

Through work I will soon be getting a laptop - don't know details of which
or what yet.

However, knowing that laptops are now designed to be power efficient I was
wondering along the following lines ....

If you want to listen to a CD using the laptop which would be the most power
efficient:

- to run the CD
- load the required tracks onto the hard drive prior to going out.
- no difference as the power consumption would be minimally different during
the laptops powered up time.

Which is right or is there another alternative?

Ian

PS  Geoff is yours on for next Wednesday?