[Malvern] Programming Languages

Ian Pascoe ianpascoe at btinternet.com
Tue Apr 26 20:10:57 BST 2005

Folks

Many thanks for the history of C and D!

What Chris and Gary said about the # suffix makes sense - I only put in C+
as it seemed logical (!) that + came before ++.

I have to admit that my forte in programming lies in BASIC and more recently
Visual Basic, but I am seriously now wondering whether it would be fun to
branch out into learning C++.

Mind you with the headaches caused by learning OOP (Object Orientated
Programming) and especially Polymorphisum, which is definately stuff of
migraines, I hope that this won't be too big a flop, er jump!

Geoff, thanks for the URL - a real who's who.

And lastly, what is Pearl?

Ian