[Malvern] Etchasketch

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 6 17:36:08 BST 2006

Once upon a time, I used SuSE,  and SuSE used the rpm system, which I liked.
I have never used yum, and so cannot comment.
The rpm system was sometimes accused of something called "dependency hell",
but I have never experienced it.  However, that was before I had
broadband ADSL.

I changed over to Debian when "Woody" came out,  and shortly afterwards
I got ADSL.
I then took to apt-get,  with which I am very pleased and satisfied.
Having  made this my favourite, I am sometimes accused of being
partisan, but really I am not !

I have tried Gnome, but prefer KDE.  With Debian Sarge and KDE, what
point is there in
switching to any of the less mature Debians, or to derivatives like
(K)Ubuntu, or Knoppix ?
Anyone tried GNU/Hurd ?

Best regards to all,

Geoff.