[Malvern] Etchasketch

Andy Dixon andy at andydixon.com
Thu Apr 6 13:18:58 BST 2006

On 5 Apr 2006, at 13:22, Chris Eilbeck wrote:

> Is there anything you need from unstable in particular?  Have you
> considered
> using Ubuntu/Kubuntu?  That's more modern than Debian stable.  I'd be
> reluctant to give up the apt system now and move back to Redhat or
> Mandriva.

TBH it was more for the eye candy and also better hardware support -
My Wireless card seems to be supported better in Etch, also the GDM
for login looks really really nice.

I'd hate to move back to the yum system, I find that apt does seem to
be a hell of a lot faster. I know that FC can use apt, but its not as
good as yum in FC.

I am going to give FC5 a quick try, and perhaps move back to Debian
afterwards.

Oh, before Debian I used Gentoo, before that, Kubuntu. All really
really good. I've been spoilt for choice..

Andy