[Malvern] Fedora Core 5 and dumb women with people carriers

Andy Dixon andy at andydixon.com
Thu Apr 6 20:46:22 BST 2006

I regret installing it now.

I got my soundcard working. I deleted everything relating to it in
/etc/modprobe.conf. That fixed it.

My wireless card only works if I find out what its called (usually
devXXXX) and manually pass iwconfig commands to it. Stupid thing is that
the name of the device keeps changing and system-config-network does not
see it.

Does anyone know of / have a spare wireless card (802.11b or g) that
works with Linux without the need of hacking? I am sick of this 3com one
as it requires firmware and hotplug. FC5 does not have hotplug, but
seems to work with the firmware nonetheless.

To add insult to injury, one of the iMac cathodes broke, thanks to some
dumb woman in a people carrier pushing her way passed a parked car. I
didn't throw it at her, much as the temptation was, but I had to break
so hard that it smacked into my elbow off the back seat.
I'm going to swap it tomorrow, and see if anyone notices.

I am going to get drunk now, and go to sleep.

Cheers,

Andy

--
Andy Dixon