[Malvern] usb drives etc

Richard Forster rick at forster.uklinux.net
Wed Apr 26 21:56:46 BST 2006

Probably only of concern to Andy as a historical footnote but...

A new selinux-policy update has just been rolled out to FC5 and all[1]
the USB drives now just work as they should. What did use hotplug[2] now
uses magic and voodoo for all I know.
In the space of 20 minutes as I was looking up why my digital camera
wasn't 'just working' when I plugged it in, I yum updated, and voila, my
digital camera 'just worked'.

Cheers

Rick

[1] Well, both those I've tried so far. Which counts as all for very low
values of infinity.
[2] Which by all accounts is a set of scripts held together with magic
and voodoo.