[Malvern] FreeBSD continued

Andy Dixon andy at andydixon.com
Wed Apr 26 21:42:38 BST 2006

As much as I like to experiment with new things, I have given up with
FreeBSD.

Its not linux. Despite installing 'Linux Compatibility' stuff, it was
still pants.

What really narked me off was that sshd was not configured. Being lazy.
I'd expect it to work out-of-the-box. It didnt. I spent 20 minutes and
got to the stage where i could ssh root at localhost. Couldn't do it remotely.

I gave up. Installed Debian Etch and was done with it.

On a completely unrelated note- i'm going to have a crack at installing
Linux (etch does not work) on my Intel Mac Mini at work. Camp Boot, or
boot camp, whatever it wants to be called is good, but rebooting is such
a chore. I have been playing around with a Parallel or something, some
kind of VMware-esque package. pressing ctrl+apple+left would pass me to
a new desktop running my ideal OS, and ctrl+apple+right would go back to
OS X.

Enough of this. I'm off to take more flu tablets and drink more wine. If
anyone who was at the last LUG meet has got a horrid cold, I apologise
for giving you my germs. A good curry from Zam Zam or Paprika would help
shift it..

ttfn

Andy