[Malvern] DOC to PDF.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 10 13:04:42 BST 2006

Richard Forster wrote:

> Now I'd never heard of this but another quicky-wiki and I discovered
> CUPS-PDF on the "list of PDF software" page.>
>
> [1] older OpenOffice.org

HGi Rick,
Thanks for the above - have installed it, but not yet tried it out.

However, the OO Writer DOES have the means not to "save as" .pdf,  but
"export as PDF".

I was able to conduct the tests I required.

One of the "sources" of the problem was in an organisation which
sometimes sends M$Word files to Lynda.

One of these, sends out .doc documents prepared (I guess) on more than
one machine, possibly having differing versions of WORD.

I understand that there are several M$Word versions - 97, 2000 and XP.

If I open the document on a Win98 machine with Word 97,they display
correctly.

However, on OO Writer, SOME paragraphs drop all the white spaces, so
that all the words become concatenated.

This doesn't happen on KWord or Abiword.

See some of you here on Wednesday.

Geoff.