[Malvern] Help!!

Richard Forster rick at forster.uklinux.net
Thu Dec 14 00:26:34 GMT 2006

I saw this on some servers at work recently. It was actually FC5 that
was being installed but the system stopped just like yours after the
keyboard selection.

I put it down to a faulty hard drive which dell swapped with a friendly
service and no quibble (once I threatened the Indian I would send a
letter to the office of Michael Dell if they hung up on me again)

I had been using dd to copy the image from the first server, once
installed, onto each hard drive from the other servers plus 2 spares
that were bought. One of the spares failed to dd properly, stopping
after 64GB instead of 80GB. So I tried a normal install which just froze
after the keyboard selection. Hence the faulty hard drive verdict.

Am I right in reading that you have a one hard drive that you are trying
to install onto and a second hard drive with FC4 on? Can you try a third
  hard drive?