[Malvern] Apache

Phil Ironside phil at creativespaces.co.uk
Tue Feb 7 13:18:12 GMT 2006

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 19:17:50 +0000
Andy Dixon <Andy at andydixon.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know the changes I need to make so that users on a linux box get a
> web address at http://hostname/~username ?
>
> AFAIK, there is something that I can add to the httpd.conf which will
> automatically go to something like /home/username/public_html
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy

If you put something like this in either /etc/http.conf or /etc/apache2/sites-available/default

NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.3

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.3>
    ServerAdmin webmaster at caro
    DocumentRoot /path/to/your/local/web/folder
    ServerName hostname
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /path/to/your/local/web/folder/cgi-bin/
    ErrorLog /path/to/your/local/web/logs/error_log
    CustomLog /path/to/your/local/web/logs/access_log common
</VirtualHost>
<Directory /path/to/your/local/web/folder>
    Options +Includes
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
</Directory>