[Malvern] Apache

Andy Dixon Andy at andydixon.com
Wed Feb 8 20:04:09 GMT 2006

On <Tuesday 07 February 2006 12:14> , Phil Ironside wrote:
> If you put something like this in either /etc/http.conf or
> /etc/apache2/sites-available/default
>

> NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.3
>
> <VirtualHost 192.168.0.3>
>     ServerAdmin webmaster at caro
>     DocumentRoot /path/to/your/local/web/folder
>     ServerName hostname
>     ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /path/to/your/local/web/folder/cgi-bin/
>     ErrorLog /path/to/your/local/web/logs/error_log
>     CustomLog /path/to/your/local/web/logs/access_log common
> </VirtualHost>
> <Directory /path/to/your/local/web/folder>
>     Options +Includes
>     Options FollowSymLinks
>     AllowOverride None
>     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
> </Directory>

Hi,
Cheers for that. Most appreciated.

I had a quick look around on the apache website and found exactly what I was
after:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/howto/public_html.html

On an unrelated note, I have started to work on a learning AI bot. If anyone
wants to do some beta testing, feel free to email the bot at
wilm.hosenfeld at freelancecoder.co.uk. If you reply to an email he sends, then
the line that says along the lines of 'On (date) (name) wrote:', There needs
to be a '>' in it otherwise it starts to get a bit strange.

Andy