[Malvern] Fw: [ANNOUNCE] Technical Meeting - Wednesday 22nd February 2006 - O'Neills

Phil Ironside phil at creativespaces.co.uk
Mon Feb 20 14:26:38 GMT 2006

Hi Chaps

Whose up for Perling this week?

So far

Phil
Chris

We will leave Creative Spaces close to 5.30 ish or earlier on Wednesday.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 20 Feb 2006 13:01:51 +0000
From: Barbie <barbie at missbarbell.co.uk>
To: Birmingham Perl Mongers <birmingham-pm at pm.org>
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Technical Meeting - Wednesday 22nd February 2006 - O'Neills

Event:   Technical Meeting
Date:    Wednesday 22nd February 2006
Times:   from 6pm onwards (see below)
Venue:   O'Neills, 90 Hurst Street, The Arcadian Centre, Birmingham
Details: http://birmingham.pm.org/docs/technical-next.html

Talks:

Okay folks we're back. And for all you lovely people we have two talks
lined up. If anyone else wants to do a talk, just email me, and I'll
schedule you in. We have a guest speaker from the BBC, as well as
another talk from Alex.

* BBC World Service Content Management System [Sherwin D'Souza]
* Sort in Parallel [Alex Chudnovsky]

As always entry is free, and whatever your knowledge of Perl, we'd be
delighted to have you along. Feel free to invite family, friends and
colleagues ;)

Times:

Times for the evening we are planning for are:

* food available: 6.00-7.30pm
* talks: 8.00-9.00pm
* pub closes: 11pm

Food:

Food is available until 8pm, however we can pre-order food so that we
can eat before the talks. A menu is available (click the link below). If
you would like to order food, please let me know your order and roughly
what time you plan to get there, by 4pm on Tuesday 21st February. We
normally start arriving from 6pm onwards, with the food usually being
served about 7pm. If you wanted to eat earlier I'm sure they can
accommodate you. You can order on the night, but you might have to wait
a little longer, or be out of luck with some choices.

  Menu - http://birmingham.pm.org/oneills-menu.html

Venue:

Technical meetings are held at O'Neills on Hurst Street, by The Arcadian
Centre. We will be in the main function room ("the band room" if you've
ever been there at the weekend). It's approximately 5-10 minutes walk
from New Street station, and only slightly longer from the city centre.

O'Neills, The Arcadian Centre, 90 Hurst Street, Birmingham, West
Midlands, B5 4DT
- http://www.pubs247.co.uk/pubPages/pub.asp?id=46670
-
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=407133&y=286252&z=1&sv=407250,28
6250&st=4&ar=Y

Directions & Parking:

See website for details.

http://birmingham.pm.org/docs/technical-next.html

If you get stuck or lost, please call me on 0771 401 6184 for
directions.

Hope to see you all there.

Barbie.
--