[Malvern] DHCP versus static.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 27 20:08:20 GMT 2006

Rick,

Many thanks for the reply.  I had half expected the various typos to get
you on the case,
but they were accidents !

I think you have sensed the main goal,  which is to learn about ethernet -
 and all the dangly bits which surround it.

I wonder whether an IPv6 network is state-of-the-art yet, or premature.
I guess it has to come, as the Chinese use up all the IPv4 addresses!

There is an awe-some array of new goodies to learn.
arp, nmap, tcpdump, ethereal, etc.

I though the MAC numbers were hard-wired into each network card.

Sorry I can't make the cafe Nero next week.  I have a hospital visit.
Can anyone help Stuart (sslaxx)  ?

Geoff.